Trusting the IESG to manage the reform process (was: Re: Doing t he Right Things?)

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Fri Jun 27 11:04:43 CEST 2003

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Keith Moore wrote:
> >  The simple fact is that no
> > matter what anyone under 40 does in the IETF they are never going to
> > get accepted into the inner circle.
>
> I was on IESG for four entire years before I turned 40.   Before that I
> was a working group chair, and author of several RFCs.  This wasn't very
> long ago.

I must concur that I don't see how age affects anything, except perhaps
your own self (ie. some might be hesitant to make contributions, etc.
because they think they would be shunned because of their age, their
inexperience in how IETF works, etc.etc.).

I have been WG chair and a couple of directorates before I turned 25.

I haven't felt excluded at all, the least of all based on age.

Maybe I could put that as a bit tongue-in-cheek:

"Childs can be graybeards while graybeards can also be childs."