Listing affiliations

Leslie Daigle leslie at thinkingcat.com
Thu Jun 26 09:46:59 CEST 2003

Bob,

I do have an item on my "to do" list to take this up with the IAB.

I will observe that there are at least 3 different theories
at play:

	. the community wants to know what companies are supporting
	  the people on the iab/iesg

	. the employers (for those of us fortunate enough to have them) of
	  the people on the iab/iesg would like some recognition of the fact
	  they are contributing employee resources

	. we are all contributing as individuals (still)

It's the latter point that has caused IAB members *not* to be introduced
with affiliations at plenaries, and the affiliations not to be posted
on the IAB web page.

A couple or few years ago, I suggested it would be helpful to have
brief statement (or web page) about/from each IAB member, linked
off the IAB member listing page, so that people could have a clue what areas
of interest/expertise the various IAB members have.  It strikes
me that would be an appropriate place to list affiliations.

You can see how well the idea flew the last time I proposed it.

I do have an item on my "to do" list to take this up with the IAB.

Leslie.

Bob Hinden wrote:
> Harald,
>
> I note that the IESG page http://www.ietf.org/iesg.html now lists the
> affiliation of the IESG members and liaisons.
>
> Thanks for making this happen.
>
> Bob
>
> p.s. The equivalent IAB page still needs some work.

"Reality:
      Yours to discover."
                                 -- ThinkingCat

Leslie Daigle