ISSUE: Meeting scheduling

John C Klensin john-ietf at jck.com
Tue Jun 24 12:47:42 CEST 2003

--On Tuesday, 24 June, 2003 11:21 -0400 Scott W Brim
<swb at employees.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 10:54:00AM -0400, John C Klensin
> allegedly wrote:
>> This impresses me as unhealthy and unprofessional.
>
> Well, yeah, but that's an administrative Secretariat
> problem, not a problem in the way we create standards.  I
> wouldn't give that to the same group that tries to figure
> out what authority WG chairs should have.

Scott, it does interfere with the way we create standards,
because it gets in the way of effective attendance.   And the
IESG generally, and the IETF Chair in particular, have been
given (or assumed) the authority and responsibility for
managing the Secretariat.   If that isn't feasible, or they
are too overloaded to do that task well, it seems to me that
the topic intrudes into this WG.

     john