"trouble maker"

James Seng jseng at pobox.org.sg
Mon Jun 23 21:47:47 CEST 2003

It appears to me that people has not disagreed with my suggestion of
the problem (P1) that a few individual is capable of stalling the
process almost indefinately and yes, I also agree with you that the
other problem (P2) is we have no process to deal with P1.

(Note, P1 & P2 are two separate problem altho they are related).

I have already made my proposed wordings for the framing of this problem
without using degrading term like "trouble maker". If you feel that my
wording are not sufficiently politically correct, then please propose
your wording.

--- CUT HERE ---
2.6.1 Vocal individual have ability to stall the rough consensus
building process

In some working groups, a vocal individual could stall the working group
progress for many months or indefinately by repeatively re-opening
closed issues. This, coupled with the threat with appeal on technical
and process ground, effectively prevented the working group chair to
declare a rough consensus on the group.
--- CUT HERE ---

-James Seng