MAJOR ISSUE: "Concentration of power"

avri avri at apocalypse.org
Fri Jun 20 10:26:17 CEST 2003

There have been several notes in support of the thesis
that it is not a case of  a power disparity based on class,
e.g. membership past or present in an I* body,  but rather
that is it based on trust networks where it is concentrated
based on personal relationships (if i understand it correctly).

Since this was a controversial theme, and since I have heard
privately from many who were originally supportive of the
class notion, I would like to hear more voices on this theme to
determine if there is consensus on the shift from the terminology
of class to the terminology of 'trust networks.'

My perception, so far, has been that those within the trust networks
see them as trust networks, while those who are not in trust
networks tend to see them as a class, for some definition of class.
My perception may be wrong,  and that is why I am asking for more
people to speak on this theme.
Also it is possible, that it is just a semantic issue, and that 'trust
network'  is a gentler more acceptable term then 'class'.

a.