ISSUE: excessive perfectionism (was Re: ISSUE: Timeframes sho ld be focused on IETF purposes, not markets)

graham.travers at bt.com graham.travers at bt.com
Wed Jun 11 17:25:39 CEST 2003

Apologies if somebody's already addressed this, as I've been away and missed
some of the discussion.

It's been said of I-D's, and it's true of these wider issues too: give the
definitions before starting to discuss them.

Do we have any working IETF definitions of *current* customers, mission, etc
?  If not, I think we should solve that problem before trying to understand
*customers' requirements*, *furthering the mission of the IETF*, etc.

	Regards,

	Graham Travers

	International Standards Manager
	BT Exact

	e-mail:   graham.travers at bt.com
	tel:      +44(0) 1359 235086
	mobile:   +44(0) 7808 502536
	fax:      +44(0) 1359 235087

	HWB279, PO Box 200,London, N18 1ZF, UK

	BTexact Technologies is a trademark of British Telecommunications
plc
	Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
	Registered in England no. 1800000

	This electronic message contains information from British
Telecommunications plc which may be privileged or confidential. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information
is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please
notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above)
immediately.