The need for smaller protocol specifications

Juergen Schoenwaelder schoenw at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Wed Jun 11 11:12:01 CEST 2003

[...]

Thanks for your note - I appreciate it.

Patrik> But, I definitely think we need to talk more carefully about
Patrik> where the review is done, and how we make sure it is done.

Serious document reviews take time (a) for the review itself plus (b)
for the followup discussions (and in my experience b >> a). The only
reward for such a time investment is (perhaps) being mentioned in the
acknowledgements section.

To achieve more and better reviews, we simply have to make it more
attractive for people to spend their time on serious reviews.

[I am repeating this statement here, which I have made in the past,
 because I feel that the importance of this is still overlooked.]

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder		International University Bremen
Phone: +49 421 200 3587		P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany