Wording of Engineering Processes Problem

Margaret Wasserman mrw at windriver.com
Tue Jun 10 10:58:21 CEST 2003

As I mentioned in SF, I think we may want to change the
wording of the "Engineering Processes" problem...

IMO, the problem isn't that we don't use effective
engineering processes (although using them may be part
of the solution).  I'd state the problem as:

"WGs do not consistently produce timely, high-quality
and predictable output."

Solutions to this problem might include:  adoption of
quality processes, training, better review during document
production, flogging WG chairs who produce crap, etc.

What do others think?

Margaret