Trusting the IESG to manage the reform process (was:Re:DoingtheRight Things?)

john.loughney at nokia.com john.loughney at nokia.com
Mon Jun 9 10:11:51 CEST 2003

Hi all,

Cutting out the parts of the discussion not relevant to my view:

> if we come to agreement that producing quality and scaling are two
> core problems, then i think there is some organizational and
> management experience from within the computer industry and outside
> from which we can draw some ideas on quality management etc.  but i
> don't think we've reached consensus that these are the issues yet.

If it matters, I believe two major core problems are

	1) producing quality documents
	2) solving current scaling problems

and to add a third:

	3) producing timely documents (this has relations to 1 & 2).

Anyhow, perhaps a reasonable way forward would be to see if we
can gain consensus on at least 2 or 3 (not limited to the one's
I've listed) core problems & start to move forward on them;
while still examining other problems.

John