Trusting the IESG to manage the reform process (was:Re:Doingthe Right Things?)

Margaret Wasserman mrw at windriver.com
Sat Jun 7 11:45:56 CEST 2003

At 06:03 PM 6/4/2003 +0300, john.loughney at nokia.com wrote:
> > Right.  With the growth of the IETF, the increase in complexity
> > and scope of our work, etc. the job of an AD has become so
> > large, time-consuming and complex that there are very few people
> > who can do it.  And, there are even fewer people who are willing
> > to do it...
>
>Do we have stats to back that up?

I don't have any statistics, per se, but there is quite a bit
of supporting evidence:

         - Successive nomcoms have indicated that they've had
                 trouble finding qualified people who are
                 willing to serve on the IESG, and they have
                 explicitly cited the time commitment as a
                 serious issue.
         - Members of the IESG have made presentations or
                 comments at several IESG plenaries regarding
                 the level of their workload, the number of
                 pages of documentation they are expected to
                 read per week, etc.
         - Multiple IESG members have specifically stated,
                 during the problem effort, that they are
                 overloaded.

Margaret