IETF mission (RE: pausable explanation for the Document Series)

Ralph Droms rdroms at cisco.com
Fri Jun 6 11:30:14 CEST 2003

Regarding "problem statement" versus "proposed
solution" ... I was careful to refer to a
"missing state" rather than a missing maturity
level or process.  The problem is that we need
a way to do prototyping, requiring some
stable-during-the-prototyping document, that
does not then result in deployment of implementations
of a buggy protocol.

- Ralph