WG Quality Processes WG

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Mon Jun 2 16:03:35 CEST 2003

John,

the mechanical things can be done, with just a Small Matter of
Programming...
the trick is to figure out which ones actually help....

--On mandag, juni 02, 2003 15:45:38 +0300 john.loughney at nokia.com wrote:

> It would be great, for example, if
>
>  a) WGs that were more than 6 months late on one of their deliverables
> where      sent montly reminders of the fact until either the deliverable
> was completed      or charter was updated.

currently we're going for bimonthly reminders to chairs on all overdue
milestones...
I'm not sure how much that helps in the long run, but it's a start...

>  b) If the Draft-tracker had a time out, so that any document sitting in
> a certain       state for too long (say 4 months) generated a mail to the
> mailing list, document     editor(s)/author(s), sheparding AD about the
> status.

well.... state "RFC Published" and "dead" are quite OK for a document to
stay in, of course; "AD is watching" is doubtful (could change if/when the
system is extended to do WG tracking) - otherwise, it would seem to make
sense.

>  c) if the draft-tracker would send mail to a WG, author(s)/editor(s)
> everytime a     document changed state

Already on the wishlist. I don't think the whole WG wants *all* the state
changes, so the WG chairs could act as a filter.....