making strategic problems concrete

todd glassey todd.glassey at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jul 23 13:29:03 CEST 2003

Marcus - I think Jim has some strong points here that need to be captured
here. But the all boil down to whether the process of olde (that of the IETF
of 20 years ago) still makes sense or can even survive a rudimentary legal
attack for damages. My feeling is that today's IETF would be washed up the
first time someone sues it for any number of issues and problems it has
foist upon a group of its participants.

More inline below.