Transcriptions (Re: Hearing and Speaking Problems for Non-Native Englishspeakingparticipants.)

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Wed Jul 23 14:56:58 CEST 2003

> It's worth noting that meeting audio/video for working groups meeting
> in MBONE-equipped rooms has been available for playback for a number
> of years, and I don't know that I've noticed any difference in
> behavior between MBONE sessions and non-MBONE sessions.

During the brief time I was a WG chair I used to specifically request
non-MBONE rooms because I found it disruptive to force people to
queue at the microphone.  Of course, this was for a relatively small
group.  Once you have a few hundred people in the room you have to have
some access control mechanism - if not a microphone, then some other
sort of talking stick, recognition by the chair, etc.