Transcriptions (Re: Hearing and Speaking Problems for Non-Native Englishspeakingparticipants.)

Ted Lemon mellon at nominum.com
Wed Jul 23 13:25:32 CEST 2003

I have a little experience with recording too, and I agree that it would be
prohibitive to get it done professionally.   I also agree that transcripts
generally aren't that useful.   But having the MP3 available for generating
the minutes probably is - you don't need a transcript to do minutes.

It might be worth seeing if it's possible to get audio out from the boards in
the meeting rooms, and then, at the chair's discretion, possibly record that
using some Windows or Linux audio software.   Making it a formal policy would
probably be a mistake because of the cost, but making it possible and
encouraging working groups to do it on a volunteer basis  might be
worthwhile.