Straw process outline for dealing with structural and practic es problems

Elwyn Davies elwynd at nortelnetworks.com
Fri Jul 18 11:29:29 CEST 2003

I agree with Brian's view that speed is of the essence.  Whilst there was
little convergence on the way forwards with the process, a significant
fraction of those present recognised that there were problems to solve and
so we need some sort of process to go forwards.  I'll take a look at
draft-hardie-alt-concensus-00 to see if we can merge the proposals, or make
some improved suggestions.  In the meantime maybe some members of the IESG
could give a view on whether this alternative has any resonance for them.

[With my problem statement editor hat on] I will review what was said in the
plenary last night and publish some ideas for mods to issue-02 over the
weekend.

Regards,
Elwyn