Straw process outline for dealing with structural and practices problems

Brian E Carpenter brian at hursley.ibm.com
Fri Jul 18 11:15:23 CEST 2003

I think this is a possible approach, but given the lack of convergence
last night on a model, I don't think the subset of us in this WG have
any particular authority to decide. I suggest forwarding this sketch of
a solution to the IESG, in the hope and expectation that they will
rapidly steer in this (or some other) direction.

What we must avoid is a period of indecision about starting the
process. If we are going the way you suggest, we need the Nomcom working
on it by the end of next week.

   Brian