Hearing and Speaking Problems for Non-Native English speaking participants.

Martin Stiemerling Martin.Stiemerling at ccrle.nec.de
Thu Jul 17 11:42:03 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I just wanna give my view on this:
I agree fully with the problem, since often non-native english speaker are
somehow lost during IETF meetings (even me, mother-tongue is german).
Native english speaker can go often very fast with their speech, sometimes
without microphone and perhaps a very strong accent. So others might not
understand about the ongoing discussions are.

Even the newcomers introduction is hard to understand for non-native
speaker (those introduction I have attended).

Martin

--On Wednesday, July 16, 2003 09:23:39 -0400 Cyrus Shaoul

Martin Stiemerling

NEC Europe Ltd. -- Network Laboratories  Stiemerling at ccrle.nec.de
IPv4: http://www.ccrle.nec.de  IPv6: http://www.ipv6.ccrle.nec.de