Agenda for Problem Meeting - 15 July

avri avri at apocalypse.org
Mon Jul 14 06:58:46 CEST 2003

Agenda

1. Discussion of Agenda

2. Discussion of open Problem Stmt Issues
     Issues as described in Elwyn's email to the list

- Further traffic on 'ISSUE: Determinants for timeliness in Section 2.1'
- Appeal mechanisms
- The need for smaller protocol specifications'
- 'ADs who are also WG chairs'
- Causes of "problems"
- Accommodating ESL speakers'
- 'Fixed font vs multiple fonts' etc
-Plenary decision

3. Discussion of Process Draft

- Sense of the room  regarding the near-term
          recommendations in the process document?
- Do we think it makes sense to start an effort to understand
          our values, mission, scope and goals?  Or is that
          just a waste of time?
- Do we think that a leadership reorganization is necessary
          to address some of the problems in the problem statement?
- Do we think that changes are required to the standards track
          process?
- Should the efforts mentioned in the previous three bullets
          be undertaken serially, or in parallel?  By a single
          group or multiple groups?
- Is a WG the best way to affect these changes?  Or is there
          some other way that would work better?

4. Open discussion on issues not covered.