Plenary decision?

Hallam-Baker, Phillip pbaker at verisign.com
Fri Jul 11 06:32:38 CEST 2003

>The closest thing we have is the IETF plenary. And it's been consistently
>*against* any particular proposed change to document formast. If you don't
>want to respect that - your choice.

I seem to recall raising the issue in a plenary. At no time was I aware that
the plenary was the decision maker for the issue in question.

This was I believe because of your reply 'There is a process", I remember
that
part of the reply because you neglected to say what the process was.

So here we are in this forum and I find out that oh, the plenary was the
decision making body!

The only other plenary where I was present at which the issue was raised I
raised it with Jon Postel who stated that he was not opposed in principle
but did have a series of issues that needed to be met first which we could
discuss offline. We were exchanging email on the subject just before Jon
passed away.

If the plenary is a decision making body as you are implying then why does
it keep no minutes?

It is possible that Harald is correct in his assertion, but I find no
record in the minutes because there arn't any.

	Phill