Fixed font v multiple fonts

Hallam-Baker, Phillip pbaker at verisign.com
Sun Jul 6 15:58:25 CEST 2003

> Against this is is the lack of italics or shading to
> distinguish symbols
> and examples from text; that is certainly an advantage in GGF
> documents.

>From my point of view it is almost impossible to accurately compare a
cryptographic algorithm described in the litterature with the alleged same
algorithm in an IETF RFC.

Subscripts, superscripts etc. are part of the notation we use for our work.
Use of R_AS etc is simply not an acceptable substitute.

One of the reasons that the IETF has produced poor specs is that it has
resolutely refused to apply formal methods of protocol design to the
process. Adopting a document format that actively prevents the use of any
formal specification language prevents anyone even trying.

		Phill