ADs who are also WG chairs

Hallam-Baker, Phillip pbaker at verisign.com
Sun Jul 6 12:42:11 CEST 2003

> The first question is whether there is a problem.  Phillip
> Hallam-Baker has expressed (repeated, through many e-mail messages)
> unhappiness which he has interpreted as problems in the IETF.
>
> I'd like to know if these concerns are shared by others in the
> community, or not.

How about considering the possibility that people might be dropping
out of IETF process because they are fed up with the top down
aristocratic process?

> An any experienced working group chair knows, just because one or even
> a few people are making a huge amount of noise on a list, might mean
> that there is a problem that few others are seeing --- but it might
> also just mean that those folks are a minority opinion that are the
> other side of a "rough consensus".

Ah so it is not necessary to have any empirical means of determining
what opinion actually is, after all if we don't ever measure something
it is always POSSIBLE that the assertion was correct.

Regardless of what the WG Chair asserts is the 'consensus' it is
POSSIBLE that the votes if counted would have elected Bush President.

And since it is POSSIBLE we can assume it to be true.