ADs who are also WG chairs

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Fri Jul 4 13:53:13 CEST 2003

> Same as when the IETF proposes something that would be harmful, the
> community of users rejects a protocol that it does not want.

to a large degree, users have to take what vendors give them.   to some
extent users trust the IETF to specify what will work well. if we fail
to do that, we become irrelevant.

> Even so we have had many successful polls through mailing lists,
> in many cases using Quaker polls and other consensus finding
> processes rather than the more divisive up or down questions we
> see in IETF process.

sounds good.  I'd love to see pointers to descriptions of these things;
we certainly need to find better ways to conduct mailing list
discussions.

Keith