12 problems

Spencer Dawkins sdawkins at cynetanetworks.com
Mon Jan 13 09:11:58 CET 2003

Harald,

Could you say anything about changes in IETF meeting attendee demographics since (say) IETF 52?

My impression is that SubIP attendance has been lower, and that first-time attendance has been lower, but I don't know if either of these are actually true, and have no idea if there are other trends that would be interesting, as long as we're trying to understand what's going on.

For instance, I've heard that we were running at a sustained one-third-new-attendees rate for several years - so assume most of these people don't recognise most other attendees in the halls, so fewer hallway conversations ...

Spencer

[deleted down to]