IESG Charter and Procedures drafts

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Mon Jan 13 10:57:04 CET 2003

Hi folks,

I have now published the two documents:

draft-iesg-charter-01.txt
draft-iesg-procedures-00.txt

I think those two drafts together cover the ground of what needs to be said
about how the IESG works; they are not intended (at this stage) to show any
change to how the IESG works.
Especially note what's in the -procedures- draft about how this is *not*
intended to go out as an RFC; comments on that are welcome.

I intend to ask for the charter to be published as a BCP, probably before
the March IETF meeting, unless I hear strenous objections that this charter
does not document appropriately what the IESG has thought that it has been
doing for the last 5 years.

I have said in the drafts that comments should go to the poised list.

Comments are VERY welcome - especially pointing out areas of IETF activity
that people think should be covered, and aren't!

                      Harald