18 months

Ralph Droms rdroms at cisco.com
Thu Jan 9 09:37:05 CET 2003

The dhc WG is likely sort of an outlier, as well - not really meeting the
18 month test but still producing useful results.  The WG started in 1990
and RFC1541 was published in Oct, 1993.   DHCP gained widespread deployment
in 1995-1996.  The WG has continued to produce RFCs extending DHCP - most
recently in the areas of relay agent options, authentication and DHCPv6.

- Ralph