General comment on draft-ietf-problem-statement-00.txt

Spencer Dawkins sdawkins at cynetanetworks.com
Fri Feb 28 12:13:11 CET 2003

Hi, Keith,

I'm asking, not arguing - are you suggesting we make a pass through the
problem statement to see if we've specified a solvable problem, and
then nail the solutions team to solving the problem statement problem?

My thinking was that the solutions team would (likely) be solving a
subset of the problems we've identified (modulo boiling the oceans and
creating world peace without hunger). I'm guessing Keith thought I was
opening the door to solutions for NEW problems that weren't identified
in the current draft (or its successors). I wasn't, for the reason
Keith mentioned.

Spencer