Working group participation issue

Sam Hartman hartmans at mit.edu
Sun Feb 23 00:01:42 CET 2003

    >>> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hardie-wg-stuckees-00.txt

    Andy> I read this draft and I agree with it.  It deserves
    Andy> consideration within the 'problem' WG as one way to increase
    Andy> accountability.

    Juergen> I also like the idea described in this draft.

It's sort of unfortunate that both of these sentiments focus on the
straw man solution rather than on the problem.

At times I wonder whether this effort will be doomed by our inability
to avoid talking about solutions long enough to see if we have even
identified the right problems.

Please, even if you like the solution, even if you feel the need to
discuss some aspects of a proposed solution, at least also take a step
back and consider whether the problem is appropriate and actually
comment on that too?