Working group participation issue

James Kempf kempf at docomolabs-usa.com
Wed Feb 19 08:12:41 CET 2003

Ted,

Design teams might help. If somebody signs up for a design team, then they can
be managed by objective. If they don't live up to their committements, they can
be dropped from the design team. It's not as effective a motivator as not
getting a raise, but maybe the best one can do with a volunteer group. I think
one could potentially use the design team approach with reviews as well,
something like invited reviewers, though it is harder because there is no
incentive. With design teams, there is always the incentive of getting your name
on an important RFC.

I don't know if you've considered this or not.

            jak