Standards

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Wed Feb 19 22:07:38 CET 2003

    Date:        Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:19:08 -0500
    From:        John C Klensin <john-ietf at jck.com>

  | Same issue, same symptoms, different cause and effect
  | hypothesis.  It is probably worthwhile to document both
  | hypotheses.

I wasn't actually intending anything so precise as to exclude your
explanation from my speculations (that is, I wasn't really looking
for the (or a) cause, just some idle musing along with the data).

I also agree with all that was in Margaret's message (except that to
some degree that was starting to border on solutions, which I was
attempting to deliberately avoid).

It turns out to be truly hard to do almost anything in/on a WG/list
where all you're supposed to discuss are the problems - avoiding
suggesting solutions is truly frustrating.  Whether it turns out to
be of benefit long term, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

kre