Perceived consensus on Problem Doc

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Dec 4 02:02:50 CET 2003

The Problem document does deal with many of the issues that are
inherent in the IETF Standards process.  So while it does not
explicitly get into the comparison with other SDO release processes or
use the release language of these other SDOs, it does open the door to
discussions about the IETF engineering and document process.  In fact a
BOF was held and a mailing list established for discussing the IETF
Standard process as a result of some of the problem WG discussions.

As for the IPR issue, there is a WG that focuses exclusively on IPR
issues.  I think that would be the right venue for discussions about
validating those who submit IPR claims.

a.