objectivity vs. leadership [was Re: Cross-Area Review]

Spencer Dawkins spencer_dawkins at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 13:29:52 CEST 2003

I am TOTALLY fascinated to find the word "rant" in an Aaron Falk
e-mail, without an odd number of carets in front of it!

But on this single point:

--- Aaron Falk <falk at isi.edu> wrote:
> I want an
> IESG and
> IAB with opinions that lead, teach, listen, and respond to the
> community.  Reasonable, not passive, or even necessarily
> objective.
>
> My rant for the day.
>
> --aaron

I agree (I was hoping I wasn't much of a ranter, either), and
want to add that one nice thing about having an IESG with more
than one member is that IESG members should be more free to
express opinions, because other IESG members will counterbalance
extreme positions...