Cross-Area Review (was: Fwd: RE: A follow up question onietf@ietf.org)

Brian E Carpenter brian at hursley.ibm.com
Fri Apr 25 11:24:30 CEST 2003

One of the questions here is why the mechanisms that we have today
don't always work.

We have open review of WG charters, where cross-area issues
really ought to be identifiable.

We have the IAB, which keeps an eye on all BOFs and is supposed to
have a cross-area mandate in general.

We have IAB workshops, which are definitely supposed to take a wide
view.

Are we lacking something a bit later in the process, after a WG effort
has been started but before its results have crystallized?

   Brian