My thoughts about the problems of the IETF

Ralph Droms rdroms at cisco.com
Thu Apr 17 17:48:38 CEST 2003

So, Keith's explanation pre-supposes that an AD will vote "yes"
on a protocol action s/he has brought to the IESG.  Is that
in conflict with Scott's assertion that an AD overriding a
WG's consensus about a document is a violation of process?

Suppose the AD is the only IESG member who objects to a
protocol action?  Wouldn't the requirement that an AD
support a protocol action amount to giving the AD unilateral
veto power?

- Ralph