My thoughts about the problems of the IETF

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Thu Apr 17 16:39:45 CEST 2003

> While I generally agree with your comments, I want to point out that
> it's not an so much an issue of whether the 'group' as a whole is too
> narrowly focussed, but rather whether the participants -- esp. the
> chair -- are too narrowly focussed.  And this is not true in all
> groups.

agreed.  some groups have more diverse backgrounds than others.  but
it's very difficult for a group that is working on say, something at the
Internet layer, to attract sufficient participation from say,
Applications layer experts to be sure that they're not causing problems
for applications writers.

Keith