My thoughts about the problems of the IETF

john.loughney at nokia.com john.loughney at nokia.com
Thu Apr 17 16:53:27 CEST 2003

Hi Keith,

> it's very clear that WGs in general and WG chairs in particular already
> have too much power - this is why IESG is under such a strain to try to curb
> their excesses.  It's 13 people against the mobs.

Maybe you and I attend different working groups, but I have yet to see a WG
chair having too much power. I see problems of WG chairs not enforcing
discipline on working groups, I see breakdown in communication between
ADs and WG chairs ... but I am really confused by your statement above.
Do you have examples of such behavior?

thanks,
John