Individually-submitted proposed RFCs (was: Re: what is a prob lem)

Wijnen, Bert (Bert) bwijnen@lucent.com
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:29:06 +0100

> (i) People can, as you indicate, request publication by
> contacting the RFC Editor.  The IESG may have given new
> instructions in the last few months (the original ones were not
> documented, so why should new ones be? :-( ).  But, it you have
> not, the RFC Editor believes that it:
>
> 	* Has been instructed by the IESG to not process any
> 	such requests, or even review the documents, during an
> 	IETF meeting or the several weeks before and maybe after
> 	it.  That blackout implies around three months out of
> 	the year in which those documents are not examined, at
> 	IESG request.

I do know that once the RFC-Editor asked for review of an
individual document (relevant to my area) a week or so before
an IETF meeting. And as many of you know, we are juyst overloaded
with documents just before an IETF meeting. So I questioned if we
should give priority to such requests for reviewing/checking
individual documents as opposed to focus-ing on the docs to
be dioscussed by the WGs at the IETF meeting. I think we all
agreed that my focus should be on WG documents... and so I
think RFC-Editor agreed to be a bit flexible with the normal
timeout.

Bert