suggestions (voting)

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald@alvestrand.no
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:39:32 +0100

There are SDOs that have interesting voting procedures.
For instance ISO, which allows the following (if I have understood it
correctly):

- Approve (wholeheartedly)
- Approve with comments (should be fixed but not important)
- Disapprove with comments (and will approve if comments are addressed)
- Disapprove altogether

And the rules for approval are NOT "51% wins" - it's far more biased
towards "objector can block" - but I don't remember the details.

I've thought that if we could get more IETF members to read documents and
give that level of feedback on them, we would be able to work a lot better
than when the IESG sends documents back for recycle at final edit.

                      Harald