Issues that need addressing

Aaron Falk falk@isi.edu
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:59:10 -0800

On the topic of 'who presents and how':

> - speed of process. how fast does it need to be? how do we slow down things
>   at the RIGHT time?

This might be well presented by an IESG member who has big picture
perspective on where failures occur in the process (e.g., some within
and some outside of IESG portion of the processing).

> - transparency. how do we know who does what, and why?

A wg chair would probably be able to give a better sense of how the
IESG is viewed from outside.

Or perhaps, two short presentations, one from an IESG member and one
by a wg chair addressing both topics from the perspective of
each. (most useful for the first topic).

> these are clear enough that I would like the list to think about "who
> presents, and how".

As for 'how,' perhaps a list of comments/gripes (percieved problems)
with a translation into process problems (root problems which should
be addressed).  Followed by an open mic on

  1. Is the percieved problem list correct?  Complete?

  2. Is the root problem list correct? Complete?

--aaron