IETF problem pinpointing - the followup

Ralph Droms rdroms@cisco.com
Tue, 05 Nov 2002 11:29:17 -0500

At 02:10 PM 11/5/2002 +0100, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

>So the questions for this list is:
>
>- Do you think this plan sounds sensible?

Yes.

>- What are the issues we want raised during the problem-session?

Related to or in addition to others already mentioned:

Inclusive discussion of "architecture" - how can we get a better
   handle, a priori, on what fits in the IESG's strategic picture
Transparent coordination among WGs?  Do we need better awareness
   of who is doing what so we can steer work to the right place?
Resolution - how can we keep the process moving in the face of
   obstacles?

>- Who should present them?

I like the idea of the presenter being a WG chair not on the IESG,
with an intro and expression of strong support from Harald.