Standards Classification and Reality Problem Statement (was Re: Not a problem statement [ was Re: Killing old/slow groups - transition thinking)

Randy Bush randy@psg.com
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 08:44:34 -0800

> Hmm, so maybe the issue isn't so much that we don't have the
> process to deal with the lack of forward progress on PSs, but
> rather that the IESG's workload is such that this responsibility
> falls off the bottom of their priority list?

i dunno how you made that leap.  i guess leaping to conclusions
about the [non-]acts/reasons/... of others is a popular sport on
this list.

implementing procedure to effect the last paragraph of rfc 2026
would seem mostly mechanical on the surface.  dealing with the
screaming, chaos, and other social results may be less simple.

but