A 100.000 foot perspective on "what is the problem"

Natale, Robert C (Bob) bnatale@lucent.com
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 12:48:42 -0500

Hi,

Re Jonathan Rosenberg's comment on Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:56:35 -0500:
jr> The relevance of all this to the thread is that, the valuable output
jr> from IAB was not an architectural pronouncement, but a description of
jr> issues that arise in a particular direction, to be used as part of the
jr> engineering process that the working group undertakes. I would like to
jr> see more of that.

Yep, so would I...along with similar "steering" from the IESG
(in terms of the concerns under their purview, like cross-WG
coordination, process issues, quality criteria, etc.) and
more decisive action by WG chairs to achieve chartered goals
efficiently and effectively within the bounds of rough consensus.

That's the kind of thing I mean by "leadership" in this context.
The *relative* scarcity of it (compared to the total effort) is,
IMHO, the major problem leading to this "problem-statement" forum.

Cheers,

BobN