Killing old/slow groups - transition thinking

Randy Bush randy@psg.com
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 19:16:55 -0800

>>>    2.4. Birds of a Feather (BOF)
>>>
>>>    In addition, a BOF may serve as a forum for a single presentation or
>>>    discussion, without any intent to form a working group.
>
> Feel free to take my original suggestion an apply some language that
> restricts it to BOFs seeking WG status.
>
> The point of the suggestion was to force up-front group work that goes
> beyond the emotion of a good idea and actually demonstrates likely need,
> likely productivity and like use of the result.

funny, i thought i did that when i said

>> otoh, if there is a technical aim, i really like to see at least
>> one internet draft being productively discussed.

i.e. not just a list and a group, but actual readable i-d technical
text.  and i personally find that more useful to judge that there
is real protein in the soup than the proto-charter you suggested.

randy