A 100.000 foot perspective on "what is the problem"

Randy Bush randy@psg.com
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 09:16:42 -0800

> The IAB needs to be more active in terms of architecture
> guidance, the IESG needs to be more aggressive in terms of
> steering the efforts of the IETF, and the WG chairs needs to be
> more decisive in guiding their groups to focus and consensus.

the problem is that we get a bi-modal message, yours and the "leave
us alone and just rubber-stamp our documents and pass them to the
rfc editor."

i happen to agree with you.  but it means more work, more push-back
to the wgs and the authors, more delays because of cycles if the wg
culture is not producing rigor and quality, ...

randy