Normative references (was: Re: Killing old/slow groups-transition thinking)

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald@alvestrand.no
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 18:02:24 +0100

--On fredag, desember 13, 2002 17:56:22 +0100 Brian E Carpenter
<brian@hursley.ibm.com> wrote:

>> What has been the historical size and shape of the REF queue?
>
> Good question. I don't know whether the RFC Ed has enough history
> to discover that. The IETF could certainly request it to be tracked
> in future. Harald?

Aaron Falk's been doing some investigation, and so has Bill Fenner.
I'll let them speak to what they have discovered (if they feel that it's
solid enough to say anything). Aaron is the logical person to ask to track
it in the future.

                 harald