Killing old/slow groups - transition thinking

Ralph Droms rdroms@cisco.com
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 08:49:58 -0500

I fully agree with Margaret's comments about milestones being a multi-way
contract.  I've found myself in the position of middle-person between the
IESG and Internet Drafts authors, with few tools to promote timely
completion of promised work from either party.

Since we're talking about milestones, would it make sense to include IESG
milestones in the WG charter?  For example, if a WG agrees to a milestone
for submitting an Internet Draft to the IESG, the IESG will agree to a
milestone for completing review (AD review, IETF last call, whatever) and
replying to the WG?

- Ralph

[...]