Killing old/slow groups - transition thinking

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald@alvestrand.no
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:27:15 +0100

--On onsdag, desember 11, 2002 10:11:55 -0600 Pete Resnick
<presnick@qualcomm.com> wrote:

> APEX has been sitting in a wait state on one document for some period of
> time now. Personally, in this case I would have liked an auto-shutdown
> procedure, because I would have come to consensus with the IESG about how
> to get this document un-stuck much more quickly. With some great efforts
> by two ADs, it looks like I now do have a path out. My guess is that
> things would have moved faster without extra intervention of those ADs if
> a deadline had generated an interrupt.

to be more exact.... APEX is awaiting the completion of a document in
another WG (draft-ietf-impp-pres, if I'm not mistaken) so that a normative
reference to the common stuff that the APEX presence stuff is supposed to
be conformant to can be satisfied.

your comment about "tired groups" (and tired document editors?) seems very
much on the mark.

                  Harald