Killing old/slow groups - transition thinking

Juergen Schoenwaelder schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 23:46:00 +0100

Randy> e.g., what would happen if we removed all dates from the
Randy> milestones?  what would be better?  what worse?  would the time
Randy> to output or the quality thereof change significantly?  for
Randy> better or worse?

Deadlines are a commonly accepted tool to organize work. Like every
tool, deadlines do not help to solve all problems on earth and they
are of course useless if nobody uses them as a tool. And like every
tool, deadlines have to be used wisely.

I really do not see why we waste so much bandwidth on things that I
personally do not view as the big problems that need to be solved.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder    <http://www.informatik.uni-osnabrueck.de/schoenw/>