Info/exptl RFCs [Re: Killing old/slow groups - transition thinking

Margaret Wasserman mrw@windriver.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:11:42 -0500

Gee, you're in a good mood this morning, Randy...

>from the point of view of having done it, as opposed to talked
>about it from a distance, such glibness seems droll at best.  btw,
>how is reliable, rigorous, and timely delegation of document review
>going in ipv6 and v6ops?

I think that it is going fairly well, actually -- if you have
specific concerns or complaints, though, I'd be happy to discuss
them with you.

I attribute my success to the unflagging public support that I
receive from my area directors.

>and i think very few iesg members have been so for "the better part
>of 10 years."  or maybe i just missed the better part. :-)

 From a quick look at the web site, the following IESG members
seem to have served on the IESG for five or more years:

         Harald Alvestrand (6 years)
         Scott Bradner (10 years)
         Patrik Falstrom (5 years)
         Allison Mankin (8 years)
         Thomas Narten (6 years)
         Jeff Schiller (9 years)
         Bert Wijnen (5 years)

By my math, this means that more than half of the IESG members
have been on the IETF for the better part of 10 years, but I'll
admit that my phrasing was a bit vague...

>having been to management 101, 201, ... and grad school for a few
>decades, i am less glib about how easy this all really is.

I apologize for being glib.  I didn't mean to imply that the
whole job was easy -- just that you could delegate some of the
less difficult parts to others, to allow you more time to work
on the hard parts.

Margaret