Info/exptl RFCs [Re: Killing old/slow groups - transition thinking)

Margaret Wasserman mrw@windriver.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:36:08 -0500

Hi John,

>         (iii) The IESG has established a de facto procedure
>         (undocumented and with no real rules) for their
>         reviewing and approving individual submission
>         informational/experimental documents before those
>         documents get near the RFC Editor.  They have then,
>         apparently, told the RFC Editor that such documents take
>         priority over anything submitted to the RFC Editor
>         directly (at least the RFC Editor believes that to be
>         the case).

I am sure that you have more of an insider view than I do,
but I hadn't heard of this... Could you give some examples?

I know that there have been some documents that have been
published without WG participation -- some MIBs & TCs from
the OPS area and some updates from the APPS area come to mind,
are those the types of things that you are talking about?

Margaret